Children with Specila Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) may need extra help or support, or special provision made for them to have the same opportunities of other children of their age.
If your child has a SEND, their needs will fall into one or more of the following 4 areas:
- Communication and interaction needs
- Cognistion and learnign difficulties
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Sensory and/or physcal needs
A child or young person aged from 0 to 25 years has special educational needs or disability (SEND) if they:
- have a learning difficulty or disability which makes it much harder for them to learn than other pupils of the same age
- they require special educational provision to be made for them
At St Joseph’s we want to support all our childre to do their very best and achieve for now and the future.